The main goal of the Society for Surgery of the hand of RN Macedonia (MSSH) is to develop scientific, research, educational and professional work in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery for diseases, injuries, congenital and degenerative changes of the upper extremity.
Other goals of the MSSH are:
- To establish and maintain cooperation with national and international associations in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery;
- To organize congresses, scientific meetings, symposia, counseling, courses and other types of education in the field of hand and upper extremity surgery;
- To participate in the preparation and adoption of doctrinal positions in the surgery of the hand and upper extremity in accordance with existing Evidence-Based Guidelines from the Federation of European Hand Surgery Associations and the American Hand Surgery Association;
- Participate in the development of a national program for long-term prevention and reduction of injuries and diseases of the hand and upper extremity surgery;
- To participate in the development and implementation of curricula and programs for postgraduate studies, postgraduate qualifications and specialties and subspecialties in the field of hand surgery in the territory of the Republic of North Macedonia;
- Collaborate with industry organizations, industry and individual citizens in the research, design and production of medical devices, devices, medicines and other means of protecting and treating of hand and upper extremity injuries and diseases
- To make suggestions for professional development, participation in symposia and congresses and other professional meetings at home and abroad;
- To publish scientific and professional publications;
- To award recognitions and rewards to its members and other meritorious professionals and citizens;
- To participate in the development, improvement and fostering of medical ethics;
- In accomplishing the above tasks the Association should maintain constant contact with its members, receive and elaborate proposals and suggestions, draw conclusions and refer them to the competent institutions and organizations in the country and abroad;
- Performs other duties in accordance with the Statute and other legal acts of the Association.